ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Strange java/fork behavior with xalan
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:55:03 GMT
> From: Eric Richardson [mailto:eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com]
>
> BTW, it would be nice if embedding ant was considered as a design
> criteria in the next major release. Ant seems to work very well if run
> standalone or from a script but running from Java is tough at least as
> far as I've tried so far(Although i'd certainly not be an expert on this
> topic).

Eric, what are you finding tough. There are some issues currently for sure,
but it can be done and I believe it has been done in products such as
NetBeans. The best approach is usually to create your own Project object and
manage it from within your app, much the same way as Main.java does now.

Let us know the details of the issues you are having and we can help more.

Conor