ant-user mailing list archives

From "John P. McGrath" <JPMcGr...@JPMcGrath.net>
Subject RE: Common path definitions
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:56:11 GMT

      :
>...it also is suspiciously similar to what you're trying to avoid.  I guess
> I'm having a tough time understanding exactly what you're trying to do.

It is exactly what I have been doing, and also what I have been trying to
avoid.  This loads text strings from another file (a ".properties" file) and
then defines a path within the build file using those strings.  I had hoped
to store a path definition in another file and then somehow "include" that
file into the build file.

I was able to do an "include" using XML entities, but then I cannot use a
property to determine the location of the included file.

It is not critical, since encoding the paths as strings will work.  But I
had hoped to store higher level elements in the include file.  If such a
mechanism existed, it could also be used to include task definitions, and
those cannot be encoded as strings.

Regards,

John McGrath