ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Copying a file recursively
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:32:46 GMT
Perhaps I'm not reading this correctly, but you are trying to shell to
the OS and execute cp, yes?  If so, cp will work just dandy for *nix
but for Windows machines you are looking for copy (unless you have a
cp.bat file which essentially aliases copy)

Is there a problem using the <copy/> task?

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: sdgoldst [mailto:sdgoldst@MailAndNews.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 12:27 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: sdgoldst
Subject: Copying a file recursively

I'm attempting to copy a file recursively throughout a directory tree.
Here
is the target that I'm trying:

<target name="make" depends="init">
    <apply executable="cp" dest="." dir="." type="dir"
failonerror="yes">
         <targetfile/>
	 <srcfile/>
	 <fileset dir=".">
	      <patternset refid="all.sources"/>
	 </fileset>
	 <mapper type="merge" to="file_to_copy"/>
    </apply>
</target>

where the all.source pattern is

    <patternset id="all.sources">
	    <include name="**/*.java"/>
    </patternset>

When I run ant with verbose and debug options, I get the following
output for
this target:

make:
    [apply] Myos = Windows NT
    [apply] cp

Can anyone give me some hints on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Scott

"Just a mirror for the sun...
 My smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."