ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Jar not including file with "$" in name
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:05:34 GMT
Cool!  I've never done that with a jar (either the command line @ or
using includesfile which is new line delimited)

According to the archives (and I verified it), try $$ with your class
names.  However, putting the double dollar sign in your file will break
the comman line version of jar...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=97091109512230&w=4

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: butch.clark [mailto:butch.clark@corp.usa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 3:50 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Jar not including file with "$" in name

Hi all,

  I have a Jar include file with some 50 class files listed seperately.
Normally I invoke:

  jar cvf file.jar @includeFile

In this includeFile is a subclass named something like 'Class$1.class'.
 It
includes this file correctly when jar is invoked from the cmd line.
-------
HOWEVER, when I use the <jar> tag in my build.xml, this file gets
ignored.  I
suspect ant thinks the '$' is the start of a variable.

My jar tag looks like this:
<jar jarfile="${jagdir}\java\classes\UPSSupport.jar"
	basedir="${jagdir}\java\classes"
	includesfile="${jagdir}\java\classes\JarFilelist"
/>
where JarFilelist is my jar includeFile.

Is there any way to gracefully escape the $ in the include file, or to
tell
ant that it's not a variable, or...

TIA
Butch