ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: Jar not including file with "$" in name
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:05:34 GMT
Cool!  I've never done that with a jar (either the command line @ or
using includesfile which is new line delimited)

According to the archives (and I verified it), try $$ with your class
names.  However, putting the double dollar sign in your file will break
the comman line version of jar...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

-----Original Message-----
From: butch.clark []
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 3:50 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Jar not including file with "$" in name

Hi all,

  I have a Jar include file with some 50 class files listed seperately.
Normally I invoke:

  jar cvf file.jar @includeFile

In this includeFile is a subclass named something like 'Class$1.class'.
includes this file correctly when jar is invoked from the cmd line.
HOWEVER, when I use the <jar> tag in my build.xml, this file gets
ignored.  I
suspect ant thinks the '$' is the start of a variable.

My jar tag looks like this:
<jar jarfile="${jagdir}\java\classes\UPSSupport.jar"
where JarFilelist is my jar includeFile.

Is there any way to gracefully escape the $ in the include file, or to
ant that it's not a variable, or...

View raw message