ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: UNC paths
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:44:51 GMT
Just out of curiosity, what in regards to UNC is not kosher with the
command prompt?

If I share c:\bin as bin
and then do a dir \\spr121015\bin
it shows me the same info as dir c:\bin

It appears you can get some UNC support at least for the copy task
(which is what your question was about, no?)

<project name="test" default="copy" basedir=".">
  <property name="unc" value="\\spr121015\bin" />

  <!--
   I work
  -->
  <target name="copy">
     <copy file=".\build.xml" todir="${unc}" />
  </target>

  <!--
   I also work
  -->  <target name="copyUnc">
     <copy file=".\build.xml" todir="\\spr121015\bin" />
  </target>

</project>

C:\>ant -version
Ant version 1.3 compiled on May 3 2001