ant-user mailing list archives

From Jamie.Ech...@ubsw.com
Subject version info in classes
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:54:51 GMT
Hi,

I want to embed some version information into a class file, but I don't
know that much about the java class file format. The standard way would
be to put it in a String, but that would mean changing all our millions
of source code files, some of which hasn't changed for ages.

There are ways of putting arbitrary information in executables, I was
hoping I could do that with class files. Either with a task or some
other tool. I see there is an attributes entry in the class spec...

Any ideas?

thanks, jamie

related financial instruments.