ant-user mailing list archives

From Jamie.Ech...@ubsw.com
Subject removing classes that no longer exist
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:16:58 GMT
Hi,

We have what I'm sure must be a common problem. When a source file class
is removed from the build, there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for
removing it from the build output directory, so it always appears in the
jar file.

I have tried to write a removeOrphans task that will delete any class
files for which a corresponding source file exits, but no combination of
filesets, patternsets, includes, excludes, and mappers does what I want
it to.

How is everyone else dealing with this? BTW, I can't do a clean, then a
full build, it takes too long for the amount of times this happens.
Also, it's hard to detect this event when working in a big team.

Thanks in advance,
jamie

related financial instruments.