ant-user mailing list archives

From "healey, alex" <>
Subject RE: Environment not being passed to Apply task command (I think) - Win2k
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:50:38 GMT
I was forced to define my executable paths in a properties file and then
import them
using the property task. This is a bit of a maintainance nightmare
though since each user
has to alter these path properties for their machine.

in build.xml

<target name="init" description="Initialisation - loading properties">
        <property file="" />
        <property file="" />

<target name="test" depends="init">
	<exec executable="${latex.exe}>

However I did see this bug report

Bugzilla Bug 848
   <exec>'s <env> does not set environment variables correctly.

Which seems to be referencing the same problem. I am using ant 1.3 and
am still experiencing this.

I'll mail you if I find out any better answers