ant-user mailing list archives

From "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.sam...@ssmb.com>
Subject RE: simple yet complicated
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:50:44 GMT
I dont think the sql task support SQL select's. ( Prb due to using
execute/executeUpdate ).

It would be nice if it did support select/executeQuery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rigorberto Macias [mailto:rigorberto.macias@irista.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 6:27 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: simple yet complicated

Hey everyone,
    One question here. Look at the following code.

<property name="buildnum" value="buildnum1.currval"/>
<sql
  driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
  url="${url}"
  userid="demo"
  password="demo"

select buildnum1.nextval from dual;

 insert into build
(buildnum,branch,machinename,machineinfo,builddate,starttime,endtime,status)

 values
(${buildnum},'BRANCH','${computername}','${numberofprocessor},${processorid}
,${os},${username}',sysdate,'START
TIME','END TIME','STATUS');
</sql>

What im trying to do is set the property name of buildnum to the value
of the current build number, which is incremented and used just for
reference. every time i do this, the compiler gives me an error about
buildnum not being a valid token. I will be using the ${buildnum}
property in other parts, so that is why i want to give the current build
number value to buildnum. can anybody help me out. i would really
appreciate it. Thanks.

Rigo