ant-user mailing list archives

From "Helliwell, Matthew" <Matthew.Helliw...@DRKW.com>
Subject RE: UNC paths
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:35:39 GMT
It's not by any chance treating the back slash as an escapre character is
it? So '\\' gets seen as a single backslash somewhere down in ANT. Try

<property name="javadoc.destdir" value="\\\\Dune\\root\\engdoc\\javadoc"/>

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lyon [mailto:matt@stargus.com]
Sent: 12 July 2001 14:39
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: UNC paths

Bill,

Thanks for the insight. I can also do a dir on my remote directory, but I
can't actually cd to it from cmd.exe. In any case, I was actually trying to
pass in a UNC path as the destdir parameter of my javadoc task as per the
following example:

<property name="javadoc.destdir" value="\\Dune\root\engdoc\javadoc"/>

Ant doesn't dig this; I get some funky error messages like the following:

doc:
ootengdocjavadoc: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
  [javadoc] Javadoc execution
  [javadoc] javadoc: Destination directory not found C:\Dune
  [javadoc] ootengdocjavadoc
  [javadoc] 1 error