ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jef Dodson" <jcdod...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jdk 1.3.1 and ant 1.3 compatability
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:52:17 GMT
Hmm, interestig.  But I have no problem compiling and running my application
on redhat 7.0 using jdk1.3.1.  It is only Ant that seems to be having a
problem.  Now, I did have some serious problems with redhat 7.1 and java
1.3, so I rolled back to redhat 7.0.  However, I can't roll back to jdk1.3
on linux because 1.3.1 fixes some bugs in Swing that were really, well,
buggy.  And, I don't really want to install a different linux distribution
just to get Ant running!  =:->  Does anyone else out there have any
suggestions???  Thanks for the help.

Jef

From: Jesse Stockall <jesse@cryptocard.com>
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: jdk 1.3.1 and ant 1.3 compatability
Date: 16 Jul 2001 18:55:50 -0400

On 16 Jul 2001 15:24:56 -0700, Tim Meals wrote:
 > Jef --
 >
 > I had a bunch of problems with JDK 1.3.1 under RedHat 7.0 Linux.  My
research
 > found a bunch of web pages, by both RedHat and Sun, saying to apply some
patches
 > or upgrade to RedHat 7.1.  I tried all the suggestions, but all that
worked was
 > turning off the HotSpot client VM.  Try it in the ant.sh script first:

I use Ant with 	1.3.0 IBM
		1.3.1 Blackdown
		1.3.1 Sun

On Debian with no issues

I also have to deal with RH 7.1 & there is a simple fix.
put this at the top of j2re1.3/bin/.java_wrapper
"export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5"

Here is a little more info about the problem, Way to go RedHat!!

Note: Red Hat 7.1 enabled a floating point stack feature in the glibc
library that mucks up Java. Other distributions might follow their lead.
If your Java applications do not work, you can disable the floating
point stack by setting the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable to
2.2.5.

--
  Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
  CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442