ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jef Dodson" <jcdod...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jdk 1.3.1 and ant 1.3 compatability
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:40:03 GMT
ok, I tried the export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 and that did not work.  Still
getting the same segmentation fault when running ant.  Also, I already have
a libpthread.so.0 link that points to
libpthread-0.9.so.  So, any other ideas?  Thanks.

Jef

From: Peter Davison <pdavison@channelwave.com>
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: jdk 1.3.1 and ant 1.3 compatability
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:53:14 -0400

There is an incompatibility between Sun's JDK 1.3.x and RedHat Linux 7.1.

Your segmentation fault is not related to ant but to running java under
RH 7.1.  I found a thread on the Sun site concerning this and the following
patch (which worked for me).

There is a missing link (from the java executable's point of view) in RedHat
Linux 7.1.  To fix it do the following as root:

cd /lib/i686
ln -s libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so
/sbin/ldconfig

This should allow you to run the hotspot VM. No need for
-classic
or
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

Regards,