ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scheffler, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Mark.Scheff...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: links in javadoc - proxy problem?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:53:05 GMT

It works when I run Javadoc from the command line:
javadoc -link http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/ \
        -J-Dhttp.proxyHost=151.186.56.3 -J-Dhttp.proxyPort=80 etc.

ant, in debug, mode produces only the following items that seem related
to the problem:
Setting project property: http.proxyPort -> 80
Setting project property: http.proxyHost -> 151.186.56.3
  [javadoc] javadoc: Error fetching URL:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn McAllister [mailto:glenn@somanetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 11:04 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: links in javadoc - proxy problem?

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Ainsi parlait Scheffler, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT) :
> > Thanks for the info. It still doesn't work, so I must have something
> > else set wrong.
> Not sure.
>
> In fact, even if the general idea is correct, i'm not sure how ant
invokes
> javadoc, directly inside the same jvm or as a new process.

As a new process.  We have to, as javadoc uses System.exit, and we can't
safely
catch this in Java 1.1 (thats my understanding anyway...).

> You could also invokes javadoc from an external task (with the
-JDname=value
> syntax), and call it from a ant exec task. That's ugly, but it should
work.

Two questions:

1. What happens when you run javadoc manually with the link option?
2. What do you get when you run your build wtih -debug?  Is there more
information that we can use to narrow down the problem?

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.