ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scheffler, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <>
Subject links in javadoc - proxy problem?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:46:52 GMT

I have a different problem with using the following javadoc link

<link href="" />

When I run javadoc, the URL cannot be found. Is this because my company
has a proxy server between me and the Internet?
Is there a way to get through it?

Sure, I can get around the problem by using an offline link with a local
package-list, like this:

<link offline="true" href=""

But, this forces me to maintain a local copy of the package-list, and I
really don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Starkie []
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 8:57 AM
Subject: RE: links in javadoc

The solution is to list the url's to the javadoc package-list(s) by
including link attributes in the javadoc task.

<link href="file:///c:/jdk1.3/docs/api/"/>

>Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:45:57 -0700
> "Michael Starkie" <>
links in javadoc
@see and @param tags created as url links in the resulting javadocs.
>In other words I have a source code file in the myproject package
called The HellowWorld class extends
javax.servlet.HttpServlet.  The HelloWorld class contains the following
javadoc comment or an overridden method:
>    /***
>     * @param request       The HttpServletRequest
>     * @param response      The HttpServletResponse
>     * @see                 HttpServletRequest
>     * @see                 HttpServletResponse
>     */
>I want the HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse to be javadoc
links and not plain text so that when a user clicks on them they get the
javadoc api for these classes. What am I missing in my target?
>--------- build.xml -----------------------------------
>  <target name="doc">
>    <!-- document the source code -->
>    <echo message="documenting the java source code."/>
>    <javadoc packagenames="com.mycompany.myproject.*"
>           destdir="c:\myproject\docs"
>           sourcepath="c:\myproject\src"
>           author="true"
>           version="true"
>           use="true"
>           windowtitle="MyProject API"
>           doctitle="MyCompanies Project"
>           bottom="Copyright 2001 MyCompany Corp. All Rights Reserved."
>    >
>    <classpath>
>        <pathelement location="c:\junit3.7\junit.jar"/>
>        <pathelement location="c:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar"/>
>    </classpath>
>    </javadoc>
>  </target>
>--== Sent via ==--