ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <Ste...@ignitemedia.com>
Subject timestamp-conditional exec task
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:10:05 GMT
I have a project that I am developing with ant.
There are two main parts of the project:
1)java code which needs to be compiled
2)data which needs to be "compiled" via running a jython script that
"compiles" it.

I currently have 2) implemented as an exec task which invokes jython on
my script.  I make dist dependent on this task.

The problem is that I often want to run dist to make the latest testable
version, but don't need to run the data compilation because none of the
data source files have changed.
How can I make the exec task run conditionally only when some of the
data files have changed?  Or is there another ant task I should be
using.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports Media