ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Calfee" <james_cal...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Win 2000 Install/Exec
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:27:56 GMT
Your bat file is not echo?ing the 'java' command.  Parameters for java are
incorrect

Either insert _echo on_ before the java (start_java, or something like that)
or remove the 'at' symbol before the java command:

Echo on
@java incorrect parameters you will NOT see
java incorrect parameters you will see

-----Original Message-----
From: Amos Lieberman [mailto:alieberman@ala.org]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 10:23 AM
To: >
Subject: Win 2000 Install/Exec

I am a beginenr with Ant, and am experiencing some troubles after installing
the software.  After installing
 ANT and trying to run it I get the message printed below.  Could someone
tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

C:\> ant
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
              set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
              set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
              enable verbose output
    -version  print product version
    -? -help  print this help message
    -X        print help on non-standard options
C:\>