ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Wilkinson" <>
Subject WebLogic 5.1 deployment fails if the j2ee.jar isn't set in the en vironment classpath.
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:08:02 GMT
I've been led to believe that Ant can have the whole classpath set in the
build.xlm file. Unfortunately it's not working for me. The application uses
Toplink and Weblogic 5.1.
If the c:/java/j2sdkee1.3/lib/j2ee.jar is not set in the DOS environment,
even although the it is in the build.xml, the build fails. See below.

       <!-- Change these settings to reflect the location installation -->
                <property name="j2ee.home" value="C:\java\j2sdkee1.3" />
                <property name="j2eepath"  value="${j2ee.home}/lib/j2ee.jar"

classpath for compilation -->
        <path id="buildpath">
           <pathelement path="${sp.server}"/>
           <pathelement path="${sp.test}"/>
           <pathelement path="${oracle.jdbc}"/>

           <pathelement path="${j2ee.home}/lib/j2ee.jar"/>

           <pathelement path="${junit.home}junit.jar"/>
           <fileset dir="${toplinkJ.home}">
              <include name="**/*.jar"/>
           <fileset dir="${toplinkWL.home}">
              <include name="**/*.jar"/>
           <pathelement location="${weblogic.home}/classes"/>

I get a load of 'Could not fully load class ??? for super class check'

[ejbjar] Could not fully load class com.protek.sp.racks.RackHome for super
class check.

Is this a bug in Ant 1.3 or am I being studid?

This message is for the named persons use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. PROTEK Network Management Group and each of its subsidiaries
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise
and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of any such entity.

View raw message