ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Jar task
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:25:13 GMT
> > I downloaded the 1.4alpha that was built last night, and used the
> > update="true" flag.  However, the problem is that I want to
> > use jar with the update but also with the M option.  The M does not
> create a
> > manifest for the entries.

> Hmmm... not sure about that.

Having looked a bit closer, there seems to be no difference between
using "m" and specifying a file to use as the manifest, and using "M"
and having a META-INF/MANIFEST.mf file, other than that the former is a
bit more flexible. If this is the case, I suspect that just using the
manifest attribute in the jar task will do exactly what you want.

Jon