ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Rabil" <marc.ra...@simplica.com>
Subject Can't Get an Ant-generated EAR to open with J2EE reference edition Deploytool
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:17:12 GMT
I can't seem to get an ear file created with ANT (v1.1 or 1.3) to open in
the reference implementation deploytool (version 1.2.1).  I am using Windows
2000 and have tried both JDK 1.3.0-C and 1.3.1.

I get a message window upon trying to open the ant-generated ear with
File>Open Application in the deploytool GUI saying: "myapp.ear does not
appear to be a valid application archive".

Oddly enough, if I create an ear in the deploytool (which can subsequently
be opened without a problem), extract its contents and then repackage those
exact same files using ANT it still doesn't work.  If I just use WinZip to
zip up these same files and then rename the zip as an ear it works fine!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc