ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Hansen" <>
Subject RE: problem while using <taskdef>
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:22:11 GMT
The problem is in VAJ and your Repository.  A package can only exist in one
project at a time in your workspace.  Apparently both your Apache XML Parser
Xerces project and your ANT project contain the package  You already have the Apache XML Parser Xerces project
loaded into your workspace, so when the API Tools Servlet tries to import
the ANT project into your workspace, VAJ complains about the conflict.  You
would see the same error if you went directly to the workspace or repository
explorer and tried to load the ANT project.

If you first removed the Apache XML Parser Xerces project from your
workspace (or removed the offending package from one of the two projects),
the problem would go away.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 6:31 AM
Subject: problem while using <taskdef>

Hi all,

In my xml file I have <taskdef> like this....

     <taskdef name="vajload" classname

     <!--load project to workspace-->
     <target name="load" description="loadproject">
               <!--vajproject name="Apache XML Parser Xerces" version
               <vajproject name="ANT" version="2.1"/>

here when I try to build the target 'load' it is woking fine and BUILD
But when I remove the comments in the first vajproject tag and comment the
second one ie., trying to
build with Apache XML Parser Xerces 1.2 project Iam getting error like:

[vajload] Loading 1 project(s) into workspace

E:\xerces.xml:25: Project Apache XML Parser Xerces could not be loaded.
Add failed: The package cannot be specified by both
ANT and Apache XML Parser Xerces.

Total time: 1 second

what is the solution.