ant-user mailing list archives

From KapilSingh Pawar <KapilSin...@PLANETASIA.COM>
Subject RE: Jikes and ANT's optional ejbc task (was: external compiler ta sk)
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:01:37 GMT

What if I want to use jikes as well as classic with the same build script
and using ant1.3? We need to run the same build script with jikes as well as
classic compilers. We will use Jikes for compilation on NT and classic on
Solaris. For one I have been unable to find jikes compiler (compiled code)
for Solaris. Further our live server (solaris) has ant1.3 build and we
cannot go to ant1.4 on that server.

I got impressed with the speed of doing build using Jikes on NT and gave me
the thought of using for compiling Java classes as well as EJB classes but
got struck with EJB compilation :-(

Thanx
Kapil

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 12:09 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Jikes and ANT's optional ejbc task (was: external compiler
ta sk)

Leave out the compiler attribute. You are passing build.compiler to the
compiler attribute which is set to classic but weblogic's ejbc doesn't
understand that.

So,

if you want standard compiler - no compiler attribute
if you want jikes - set compielr attribute to "jikes", rather than
build.compiler

Grab a 1.4 nightly build, where this is largely automated according to the
setting of the build.compiler property.

Conor