ant-user mailing list archives

From KapilSingh Pawar <KapilSin...@PLANETASIA.COM>
Subject EOL problem
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:47:59 GMT

I need to transfer large no. files from Windows to Solaris after
compression. For this I am using <zip>. When I unzip this zip file in
Soalris, all ascii files have the EOL character changed to "^M". This makes
some of my code unworkable on Solaris. To overcome this I have been using
<exec> as:

    <exec executable="dos2unix">
	<arg line="unzip/misc/OvLookupParameters.props unzip/misc/temp"/>
    </exec>

However this is very cumbersome if many files in a directory need to
converted. dos2unix can do conversion only one file at a time and not for
the entire folder.

cases the EOL of ascii files in Windows gets converted to '^M' in Solaris.
Is there a way out for this problem?

Rgrds
Kapil Singh Pawar
Planetasia.com Ltd.