ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter.FL...@syntegra.com
Subject RE: Jar task
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:27:50 GMT
> Having looked a bit closer, there seems to be no difference between
> using "m" and specifying a file to use as the manifest, and using "M"
> and having a META-INF/MANIFEST.mf file, other than that the
> former is a
> bit more flexible. If this is the case, I suspect that just using the
> manifest attribute in the jar task will do exactly what you want.

Hi Jon,

The reason why I needed to update just the manifest file was because the
manifest contained a Main class attribute for running the jar with the java
-jar command.  When I run the obfuscator (RetroGuard), it modifies the
manifest because it signs the jar, but it overwrites the original lauching
manifest.  So I needed to patch over with a new manifest, and then call
SignJar task to sign the jar.

I took out the basedir and changed, so the call to the jar task looks as
follows:

<jar jarfile="${dist}/server.jar" manifest="${dist}/server.mf" update="true"
compress="false"/>

It does what I was after.  Thanks for your advice!

Question - when is 1.4alpha going to be released as 1.4 as it seems pretty
stable.

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com