ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter.FL...@syntegra.com
Subject Jar task
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:08:56 GMT
Does anyone have any experience with performing a jar update using ANT?

I have a JAR file, and all I want to do is replace the manifest with one
provided by me.
I can achieve this using the jar command by calling:

jar -uvfM code.jar META-INF/manifest.mf

Looking at the ANT task, it seems that I can create a Jar, but not update
it.  Is there anyway I can update the jar?

I was thinking about calling Unjar, followed by the Jar command again but
this time using the new manifest.  Its a workaround, but I'd like to not
have to Unjar the jar file.

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com