ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jain, Manish (MED, TCS)" <Manish.J...@med.ge.com>
Subject Accessing a directory on Unix
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:05:10 GMT
 Hello,
       I have read in the ant documentation that build files have access
  to environment variables, but I am unable to get this to work. On DOS
prompt
  I am setting a variable:

 set WEBAPP=//<IP ADDRESS>/a/b/c (I intend to give a directory on Unix
box)

 In my build.xml, I  have the following  lines:

        <property name="src" value="${myenv.WEBAPP}"/>
	<property name="dist" value="${myenv.WEBAPP}/dist"/>

        <mkdir dir="${dist}"/>

 I am running this build.xml from my NT machine.My build.xml is unable
to read WEBAPP as a unix path (it is reading it as
 DOS path \\<IP ADDRESS>\a\b\c )
 and is failing to create the dist directory on Unix machine(error
message: directory creation was not successful for an  unknown reason).
 Can someone please point out what I am doing wrong here?  Or if this is
 a known problem?

 Thanks,
 Manish