ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: links in javadoc - proxy problem?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:03:54 GMT
Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Ainsi parlait Scheffler, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT) :
> > Thanks for the info. It still doesn't work, so I must have something
> > else set wrong.
> Not sure.
>
> In fact, even if the general idea is correct, i'm not sure how ant invokes
> javadoc, directly inside the same jvm or as a new process.

As a new process.  We have to, as javadoc uses System.exit, and we can't safely
catch this in Java 1.1 (thats my understanding anyway...).

> You could also invokes javadoc from an external task (with the -JDname=value
> syntax), and call it from a ant exec task. That's ugly, but it should work.

Two questions:

1. What happens when you run javadoc manually with the link option?
2. What do you get when you run your build wtih -debug?  Is there more
information that we can use to narrow down the problem?

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.