ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Richardson <eric.richard...@milagrosoft.com>
Subject Re: Strange java/fork behavior with xalan
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:37:51 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Eric Richardson <eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Two notes upfront:
>
> (1) If your replace parser.jar with crimson.jar and jaxp.jar with the
> version of JAXP 1.1, I think xalan2 should work without forking (I may
> be wrong).

Since I'm combining different packages, I'd rather not do substitutions.

> (2) Why don't you use the <style> task?
>
> >       <arg line="-IN ${input.file}
> >          -XSL ${xhtml.driver}
> >          -OUT ${output.file}"/>

I tried initially but didn't find out until later that a needed to
download a jar and put it with the other ant jars and was confused by
the optional dir in the distro. Had to look at the sript to see that
jars in optional dir are not loaded into the classpath. I had xalan
working for quite awhile this way so I moved on. I am going to try it
soon.

> Does is work if you simply change this to
>
>       <arg line="-IN file://${input.file}
>            -XSL ${xhtml.driver}
>            -OUT file://${output.file}"/>
>
> Stefan
No this doesn't work - I'm going to try another approach that I think is
better.
I've tried tons of different variations, none that work 100% the way I
want it to.

BTW, it would be nice if embedding ant was considered as a design
criteria in the next major release. Ant seems to work very well if run
standalone or from a script but running from Java is tough at least as
far as I've tried so far(Although i'd certainly not be an expert on this
topic).

Thanks for the quick response,
Eric