ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Richardson <eric.richard...@milagrosoft.com>
Subject Strange java/fork behavior with xalan
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:59:30 GMT
Hi,
Something is happening during the java task, fork="true" which changes
the value of my input file variable. I need to use fork as xalan 2_2_D6
won't work other wise. The only way I can get it to work is by setting
the xalan classpath in the shell prior to running ant which I really
don't want to do. The following shows the target and the outputs.

 <target name="html" if="htmlset">
    <!-- make sure directories exist -->
    <mkdir dir="${output.dir}"/>

    <!-- some properties -->
    <property name="outfile.wo.ext"
value="${output.dir}/${file.wo.ext}"/>
    <property name="output.file" value="${outfile.wo.ext}.html"/>

    <echo message="Transforming: ${input.file}"/>
    <echo message="Into        : ${output.file}"/>

    <!-- Transform document into HTML -->
    <java fork="false"
	  classname="${xslt.processor}"
          classpathref="xalan.classpath">
      <arg line="-IN ${input.file}
	   -XSL ${xhtml.driver}
	   -OUT ${output.file}"/>
    </java>
  </target>

Without fork output
------------------

Buildfile: bin/../build.xml

html:
     [echo] Transforming: example.xml
     [echo] Into        : ./example.html

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
Namespace not supported by SAXParser
--------------------------------

With fork on the java task it parses the XSL file okay but then makes
the input file into the following which can't be found.

Buildfile: /home/maxwell/jdocbook/build.xml

html:
     [echo] Transforming: /home/maxwell/jdocbook/example.xml
     [echo] Into        : /home/maxwell/jdocbook/example.html
     [java]
     [java] XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): File
"file:////home/maxwell/jdocbook//home/maxwell/jdocbook/example.xml" not
found.

The strange thing is that the echo looks fine. What could cause this?

Thanks,
Eric