ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <>
Subject Re: rename instead of move
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:19:25 GMT
How about just un-deprecating the rename task?  That's what I'm using
and it's perfect for the job.

Further, I think it can be reasonably documented so people understand
that rename does just that, no mucking with the contents, and move/copy
can be used to apply filters.

Glenn McAllister wrote:
> "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." wrote:
> > Am I missing something on the move task that will allow it to just
> > rename the directory?
> You aren't missing anything; it was designed that way to permit filtering
> while doing the move.  Hmm... there have been a lot of requests for a
> "fast" move.  Time to look into it again I think...
> Glenn McAllister
> SOMA Networks, Inc.

Larry V. Streepy, Jr.

970/626-5028 (office)