ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <stre...@healthlanguage.com>
Subject rename instead of move
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:22:35 GMT
All, this seems odd ot me, so maybe I'm missing something.

I just want to rename a directory, for backup purposes.  The rename task
has been deprecated in favor of the move task.  However, the move task
seems to recursively copy all the files instead of just moving the
directory.  This makes what should be a nearly instantaneous operation
take several minutes (this is a large directory tree).

Am I missing something on the move task that will allow it to just
rename the directory?

Thanks.
--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.