ant-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Euch <...@ep-ag.com>
Subject Re: javac task compiles missing files automatically
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:41:43 GMT
Hi!

Bernie Bernstein wrote:

> At 02:54 PM 7/16/2001 +0200, Steffen Euch wrote:
>
>> I don't want Ant to search missing source files automatically.
>

> Ant isn't the program that is finding those files, it's javac (or Jikes)
> that is finding them.

What I wanted to say is: I don't want Ant to invoke javac to that it
searches missing source files automatically.

> Java compilers look in the classpath for files to
> compile that the given files may be dependent upon. You should take any
> files that should not be found by the compiler out of the classpath.

I've tried
<javac ... classpath="">
<javac ... classpath=".">
<javac ... classpath="_">

But the verbose output is always:
[javac] Compilation args: -d D:\test\classes -classpath D:\test\classes
-sourcepath U:\foo\java\src -g -verbose

I don't know why "D:\test\classes" is used. It should only be the
destination directory for the class files.

Steffen