ant-user mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Russell Stocum" <bsto...@paychex.com>
Subject a few basic questions...
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:55:10 GMT
In the Target tag, does the "if" attribute allow you to have a logic
expression, or does it just allow one to check to see if a "property"
exists?  Can I have a statement like

<target name="someTarget" if="item.exists == 2">
</target>

I am currently using the tags as functions, is there a better way to do
this?  And when do you know you should be creating your own tags?  Like
for example I set a property if the file exists:

<target name="fileExists">
    <available file="${fileName}" property="${fileName}.exists"/>
</target>

Am I doing too much? I have lots of tags like this one... Is this the
proper way to construct the tags?

Thanks,
-Ben