ant-user mailing list archives

From Arun Katkere <katk...@praja.com>
Subject RE: Using Ant for Installation
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:54:37 GMT
How about IBM TaskGuide for writing the GUI front end for the ant
installation script? It is designed for writing wizards (specified using
XML). The only Java you need is the glue between TaskGuide and ant.

TaskGuide is not Open Source but (I am not a lawyer...) freely
redistributable in object code form.

-arun

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Hara, Patrick [mailto:patrick.ohara@workscape.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 7:23 AM
To: Ant User Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Using Ant for Installation

Has anyone tried using Ant for Installation?  My particular need is fairly
simple.  We host the product we write and our Net Admin has been asking for
an installation program to install the latest version.  We are currently
doing everything manually, and it is a pain.  The only thing that we do that
I see as an issue in ant is writing the property files.  Obviously some type
of gui from end would have to be devised, but I think I could wrap ANT
rather that have ANT provide the gui.

Patrick O'Hara
Workscape, Inc
N17 W24222 Riverwood Pl