ant-user mailing list archives

Subject get ant installed
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:15:00 GMT

     Hi all ANT users.... Please advise if you can help

     I still cannot get ANT to execute.  here is how I am installing to a
Debian Linux Box
     after I unjar the distribution do I need to add anything to my

     as SU
     cd /usr/local
     mkdir ant

  [ Get binary distribution and FTP to the Linux box /usr/local/ant ]
  [ ]

    cd /usr/local/ant

    gunzip  < jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz |tar xvf -  *** explodes *****
          (this makes a directory tree from root

    jar xvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz (unjar-it)

   ANT_HOME=/usr/local/ant/jakarta-ant-1.3  ;export ANT_HOME
   PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin; export PATH

   -------------- now try to build Turbine TDK ------------------------
   cd /usr/local
   gunzip  < tdk-2.1.tar.gz |tar xvf -   *** explodes and makes TDK
directory ****

   cd tdk  [build.xml is in this directory]

    Linuxsvr1:/usr/local/tdk# ant
    Error: Can't open display:

     Donald Duquaine
     STL Tampa West