ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: cannot chain two consecutive ant calls inside a batch file
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:55:17 GMT
This is how batch scripts work.  If you want to run a different batch script
and then return to running this one, use call.

i.e.
::::::::::;
call ant -buildfile aaa.xml
dir *.log
call ant -buildfile bbb.xml
:::::::::::

-----Original Message-----
From: Val N [mailto:vniculae@netsystechnologies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 8:19 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: cannot chain two consecutive ant calls inside a batch file

Hi
I have a problem in that I cannot run two consecutive ant calls
from within the same batch file
I am using Win2000

I have smth like "run_ant.bat":
::::::::::;
ant -buildfile aaa.xml
dir *.log
ant -buildfile bbb.xml

Second call to [ant -buildfile bbb.xml]  is never reached;
in fact not even the [dir] call is reached; it seems that after the first
ant call, [ant] terminates the batch file altogether.

Anybody have any ideas of how to chain these ant calls in a batch file ?

Thanks in advance

Val N

---