ant-user mailing list archives

From Butch Clark <butch.cl...@corp.usa.net>
Subject Jar not including file with "$" in name
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:50:27 GMT
Hi all,

  I have a Jar include file with some 50 class files listed seperately.
Normally I invoke:

  jar cvf file.jar @includeFile

In this includeFile is a subclass named something like 'Class$1.class'.  It
includes this file correctly when jar is invoked from the cmd line.
-------
HOWEVER, when I use the <jar> tag in my build.xml, this file gets ignored.  I
suspect ant thinks the '$' is the start of a variable.

My jar tag looks like this:
<jar jarfile="${jagdir}\java\classes\UPSSupport.jar"
	basedir="${jagdir}\java\classes"
	includesfile="${jagdir}\java\classes\JarFilelist"
/>
where JarFilelist is my jar includeFile.

Is there any way to gracefully escape the $ in the include file, or to tell
ant that it's not a variable, or...

TIA
Butch

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.