ant-user mailing list archives

From Andre Cesta <aace...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant with Jikes compiles in 2 min, against 5 min of Ant with JDK1.2.2-07
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:35:16 GMT

Just to pass my results on compilation times using different compilers with Ant:

	Ant with Jikes takes 2 minutes of compilation time,
	against 5 minutes of Ant with JDK1.2.2-07.

Now more details about the setup:

        Medium project, around 6 different Java source trees, in
        six different modules (each source tree is a different jikes
        proccess spawned).

        5 EJBs being compiled for WebLogic (each one is a different jikes
        process spawned).

        Operating system: Solaris.

I use Jikes only for development as it is FAAAASST!!!!  For production code,
I build with the JDK, as it is going to run with the JDK.