ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: get ant installed
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:30:00 GMT
--- DDuquaine@stl-inc.com wrote:
>     gunzip  < jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz |tar xvf -  *** explodes *****
>           (this makes a directory tree from root
> /usr/local/ant/jakarta-ant-1.3)

If you're picking up the gz'd tar-file, can't you just 'tar xzf' it? That
is:

$ tar xzvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz

>     jar xvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz (unjar-it)

You would unjar the zip-file, not the tar-file, so either pick up the .zip
file and unjar that, or pick up the .tar.gz file and (un)tar that. Since
you've already got the .tar.gz file, I recommend you remove whatever's
under where you tried to install it before, then try it again, using the
above 'tar ...' command.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)