ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Delete task
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:17:15 GMT
Is the file in use? If you're on a Win* system, they get snooty about
letting you delete a file that's in use. But really, do you want to chmod
a source-controlled file? If PVCS has a way to check out a file for edit,
wouldn't it be better to go that route and do it "legally"?

Diane

--- Natalia  Bello <nbello@isabel.be> wrote:
> Hi,
> I know that it has been some mails about problems with this tasks, but I
> couldn't find the solution.
> In fact I am downloading a file from PVCS, with pvcs task. The file is
> read-only.
> Afterwards in the compilation I need to overwrite this file.
> I have tried
>
> <copy file="${build.lib}/${ProjectName}.jar" todir="${src.dir}"
> overwrite="yes" />
>  and it doesn't work, I have and exception
> I have try to change the atributes and then delete the file.
>
> <exec dir="${src.dir}" executable="attrib.exe"  >
>           <arg line="-R  -A ${ProjectName}.jar"/>
>         </exec>
> <delete file="${src.dir}/${ProjectName}.jar"/>
>
> and it doesn't work neather, I got an error saying; unable to delete the
> file.
> Does anyone know how to manage this?
>
> Thanks in advanced,
> Natalia

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLResultAggregator.createRepor
> 		t(XMLResultAg
> 		gregator.java:114)
> 		        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 		        at

org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper$1.create(IntrospectionHelper.java:1
> 		67)
> 		        at

org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.createElement(IntrospectionHelper.j
> 		ava:275)
> 		        at

org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper$NestedElementHandler.init(ProjectHelper.j
> 		ava:535)
> 		        at

org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper$TaskHandler.startElement(ProjectHelper.ja
> 		va:499)
> 		        at

org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.java:329)
> 		        at
>
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1376)
> 		        at

org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidat
> 		or.java:1191)
>
> 		        at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanne
> 		r.java:1862)
> 		        at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
> 		LDocumentScan
> 		ner.java:1238)
> 		        at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
> 		java:381)
> 		        at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
> 		        at
>
> org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)
> 		        at
> javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
> 		        at
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(ProjectHelper.java:117)
> 		        at

org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:85)

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)