ant-user mailing list archives

From Don Taylor <donald_l_taylor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: If-statements in ant
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 11:17:05 GMT
No, you can't use if-statements like that. To accomplish what you want,
try this instead:

<target name="isAvailable">
  <available file="config.xml"
    property="config.xml.available"/>
</target>

<target name="copy" depends="isAvailable"
  unless="config.xml.available">
  <copy file="config_template.xml" tofile="config.xml"/>
</target>

<target name="deploy" depends="copy">
  <!-- Do your deploy stuff here -->
</target>

Sorry, but that's how conditional logic is handled in Ant.

- Don