ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <>
Subject RE: Approach to Conditionals: SOMETHING USEFUL ON THIS TOPIC
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:40:14 GMT
By crontab I assume you are tackling scheduling?  I would be interested in
what you have.  I have been working on a scheduler also.

Patrick O'Hara

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald []
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: Approach to Conditionals: SOMETHING USEFUL ON THIS TOPIC

On Fri,  6 Jul 2001 00:14, wrote:
> I'm not saying you have to provide a complete flow control solution, but
> lease some basic constructs such as "if/elseif/else", and "foreach".
> Switch is not necessary, as it can be done with an if (and would in effect
> probably be the same code anyway).
> It would serve 2 purposes..
> 1) it would make user's lives easier
> 2) it would make your life easier because you'd have to stop
>      hearing the same request over and over again.

Agreed. Theres a group of peeps I am currently working with to make
like Ant work as a complete command input replacement. If you think unix
think of it as a replacement for crontab, initab and some other scripts. In
that case we need foreach, if, switch (and I have actually already coded
up). However they will never be available from the ant core website.