ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nesbitt, Steve" <snesb...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject RE: symbolic links - preventing Ant Traversal
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:43:32 GMT
Thanks for the confirmation.

I worked around it by calling a perl script that performs the removal.

-steve

Steve Nesbitt
Configuration Manager
The Cobalt Group, Inc.
2200 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
www.cobaltgroup.com
If it's automotive and it's Internet, it's Cobalt.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 10:49 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: symbolic links - preventing Ant Traversal

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Steve Nesbitt <snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> As part of a clean task, I would like to remove those symbolic
> links.

I've been experimenting with this a little (there is a bug report, ID
1550) and until now I've not come up with a good way to identify that
a File object actually is a symbolic link.  isDirectory or isFile will
return true (at least on Linux).

Sure, absolutePath and canonicalPath will be different, but I'm not
sure that there are no other situations where this holds true as well
(not even thinking of non case-sensitive file systems).

Failing that, there is not too much Ant could do, as Java seems to be
limited here.

Stefan