ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nesbitt, Steve" <snesb...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject symbolic links - preventing Ant Traversal
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:20:13 GMT
All:

Ok, I've got an installation tree that contains some symbolic links. As part
of a clean task, I would like to remove those symbolic links. The problem
I'm having is that Ant appears to want to traverse these links not matter
what so I end deleting not only the symbolic links but the file tree the
links point to. For example:

    <patternset id="docs" >
         <include name="businessentity" />
   </patternset>

    <target name="clean-wl-jsps"
            description="Creates an installation with the WebManager
contents specified as links to the source tree" >
        <delete quiet="true" verbose="true"
	<fileset dir=${installtree} />
                 <patternset refid="docs" />
            </fileset>
    </target>

The behavior I want is to remove the symbolic link businessentity. Instead
the above removes the businessentity and the entire tree it points to.

I also tried this:
    <target name="clean-wl-jsps"
            description="Creates an installation with the WebManager
contents specified as links to the source tree" >
        <delete quiet="true" verbose="true"
	<fileset dir=${installtree} />
                 <exclude="WEB-INF" />
            </fileset>
    </target>

In this case, Ant find nothing.

This is with Ant 1.3 on a Solaris 2.7 system.

Thanks!

-steve

Steve Nesbitt
Configuration Manager
The Cobalt Group, Inc.
2200 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
www.cobaltgroup.com
If it's automotive and it's Internet, it's Cobalt.