ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Pettiss" <jpett...@agea.com>
Subject RE: someone help, please
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 00:12:51 GMT
And what happens?  If the certain directories aren't being excluded, perhaps
it's because you haven't turned off dependency checking on your compiler--
this will automatically drag more classes into compilation if it deems them
necessary.  Check the docs for the options on javac and see if that works.

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Rogers [mailto:jason.rogers@tumbleweed.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 4:02 PM
To: Ant Users (E-mail)
Subject: someone help, please

I have been racking my brain for over an hour trying to figure out what I am
doing wrong and just can't get it.

I am trying to build a set of source files but I want to exclude certain
directories (using Ant 1.3 and Java 1.3).  Here's a snippet:

    <target name="buildEA" depends="buildJUnit">
        <mkdir dir="${classes.dir}" />
        <mkdir dir="${build.dir}/lib" />

        <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
               destdir="${classes.dir}"
               includes="com/tumbleweed/**"
               excludes="com/tumbleweed/ea/feeder/ime/**,
com/tumbleweed/ea/alltests/**, com/tumbleweed/ea/tests/**"
               failonerror="true"

            <classpath refid="all.jars" />
        </javac>
        <jar jarfile="${build.dir}/lib/ea.jar"