ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: target as a property
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:23:36 GMT
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:30, Mike Deibler wrote:
> Can we quantify the number of people who really want these features?

I don't know of any good way of doing it ... we can't even quantify how many
ant users there are ;)

> Basing the result on the messages on this list won't give a good
> representation. Are the list members a good cross-section of all ant users?

Not in my opinion. Most people who subscribe are doing so to solve specific
problems (and then they leave again), then there are those who have
difficulties with complex projects (usually build engineers or at least
people who are responsible for build process) and then there is the others
who are just here to learn. So in many ways it is the extremities of the bell
curve that come here and stay.

Naturally the build engineers want a more comprehensive tool with minimal
cost to themselves. I would estimate that about 70% of the time these
features are requested come from this group.

>  Are the posts even representative of the list members in general (i.e. how
> many uninterrested lurkers are out there)?

no idea ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete