ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: files in ant/bin
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:38:35 GMT
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:42, Steffen Euch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a question about the puropose of some files in ant/bin:
>
> 'ant' and 'ant.bat' run Ant.
> 'lcp.bat' is used by ant.bat and builds a local classpath.
> But what's the purpose of antRun, antRun.bat and runant.pl?

runant.pl is the perl version of ant/ant.bat and useful for people who like
perl ;)

antRun and antRun.bat is needed because earlier versions of JVM (1.1 and 1.2)
only have an System.exec call that can not specify working directory. These
scripts simply change working directory before executing the "real" command.

Cheers,

Pete