ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: target as a property
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 06:25:25 GMT
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:26, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > Though it could cause some committers to get narky ;)
>
> Why?  Do you see any danger in
>
> <echo message="Current target is ${ant.current.target}" />

thats fine .. it is the other uses that I don't like. Most people who have
asked for it have asked for it so that they can do dynamic templating in
conjunction with antcall. And considering I am not a fan of that approach
.... ;)

> - or maybe my second guessing of what narky means in German is wrong
> (the web translators I've tried all failed 8-).

No idea where it comes from but I guess it would generally mean irritable ;)

Cheers,

Pete