ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Re: tarfileset bug
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:42:24 GMT
From: "Christopher Berry" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 11:15 PM
Subject: RE: tarfileset bug

> Is cherry-picking files from CVS (e.g., in this case) how most
> everyone handles a situation like this??

Well most of the committers will be building the latest, so no, we don't do
this. It is often OK to do this. To make sure you can go to CVSWeb and see what has changed. If the
change is just to this task, it is likely to be safe. If it affects the
core and other tasks, it is probably going to be a problem. It is up to
you. If it doesn't work, you will know pretty quickly.

> In my experience, it can be
> dangerous to selectively Update particular files from CVS, as changes are
> often inter-dependent on other changes. And I'm not too certain I want to
> pick up the full CVS tree. Is the head-of-the-tree always stable??

Usually the head is stable, but not recently :-). I have been making a
number of core changes which may affect things. That said, I'd suggest you
give it a try as we are counting down to the 1.4 release and knowing about
problems NOW would be good.

In the particular case of the Tar task, I think it will be OK to just get
this task.

View raw message