ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Eaves" <...@eaves.org>
Subject Re: bootclasspath
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:28:03 GMT
No it's not.  It's so that you can use a CLASSPATH for the resolution
of classes that is not the same as the compiler.

ie.  If you are compiling MIDP classes, you need to set the bootclasspath
to midp.jar so that the JDK1.3 tools.jar doesn't get included (and hence
resolved).

-----
>From javac -?

-bootclasspath <path>     Override location of bootstrap class files
-----

-----
>From Java in a Nutshell (p214)

-bootclasspath path
Specifies the search path javac uses to look up system classes.  This
option is handy when you are using javac as a cross-compiler to
compile classes against different versions of the Java API.  This option
does not specify the system classes used to run the compiler itself, only
the system classes read by the compiler.  See also -extdirs and -target.
Java 1.2 and later.
-----

Oh, and it doesn't work with Ant.  You need to use <exec> and call
a javac to make it work.  (Look through the archive for my name and
bootclasspath)

Cheers,
    -- jon