ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Jikes and ANT's optional ejbc task (was: external compiler task)
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:59:23 GMT
From: "Peter Vandenberk" <peter.vandenberk@flutter.com>
> I have a question related to this: we're already using jikes to do the
bulk
> of our Java compilations in ANT builds, but now we want to make ejbc,
> Weblogic's EJB compiler, use jikes as well...
>
> In our makefiles, we were leveraging ejbc's "compiler" option:
>
>     -compiler <javac>  Sets the compiler for ejbc to use.
>
> which reduces our overall build time to one third of what it was.  Now
we're
> looking for a way to make ANT's optional ejbc task do the same!?!
>
> I assume (I sure hope ;-) Tim Fennell (tfenne@rcn.com) and Conor MacNeill
> (conor@cortexebusiness.com.au) are on this list!

As Niels Verdonk pointed out, you can use the compiler attribute of
<ejbjar>. I thought I'd also let you know that in 1.4, <ejbjar> will
automatcially check if build.compiler is set to Jikes and use Jikes if it
is. You can turn off this behaviour.

I am on this list (not sure how you could have missed me :-), but I haven't
heard from Tim in a long while.

Conor